Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Wishing You Peace and Joy

Today I am showing off a more traditional Christmas card using the new Spellbinders Three Kings stamp set.   


For this card, I decided to create a slim line card.  I started with a white base card (finished card measures 9 x 4).  I then cut another piece of white cardstock slightly smaller so that I would have a white frame around it.  Using Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, I ink blended a beautiful night sky onto the white piece.  I started at the top with the darkest color ink and blended down to the lightest color on the bottom.  I then cut a piece of tan cardstock the length of this piece and inked it with Tea Dye Distress Ink, to make it resemble the sandy desert.  It was then glued across the bottom of this piece.  Next I stamped the images from the Three Kings stamp set onto the blue background using Versa Fine Clair Nocturne ink.  

Using the star from the same set and the sentiment from the Spellbinders Christmas Time Sentiments stamp set, I stamped them both with clear pigment  ink.  Then I dusted and heat set them with white embossing powder.  Then I adhered this panel to the base card.  

I really like how the background stands out behind the black inked images and the white embossing just pops!  I hope you like this card and will take a moment to check out all the wonderful products available at Spellbinders.

If you click on any of the links in the blog or purchase from any of the vendors on the left side of each post,  please use my link (just click on the image for the store you want to use).  It will not affect your purchase in any way, but will provide me with a very small compensation for your order.  This is what helps me to be able to purchase new products to share with you!  Thank you!  It is very much appreciated.  

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!