Monday, September 27, 2021

Floral Edged Happy Birthday Card

 I am finding that with more use and practice I am getting better results from my glimmer hot foil system and it's plates.  I purchased this Curved Glimmer Border and when I received it I noticed it was a Glimmer Kit of the Month.  Well I subscribe to the Large and Small dies of the month, so I went thru my collection and low and behold, I had the matching die set, LDOM-APR21 Universal Curved Border Set.  Well I decided right away these must be used together!



I started off by cutting a piece of white cardstock 5.25 x 4 inches.  I then die cut the floral edge along the bottom of this piece. .  Next I foiled the sentiment and floral outline border above the die cut so that the curves were even.  I used  Blush Foil for this step.  

I proceeded to die cut some of the separate leaves and flowers from the border set in different colors of cardstock and gluing them on top of the matching flowers on the border.  For the leaves in the boarder, I simply cut another border from green paper and cut out the leaves and branch and glued them on top of the cut border.  I then felt it needed something extra, so I cut out an extra medium sized flower and placed it above the word  "Birthday" on the card.  This finished piece was then adhered, centered, on top of a white base card.  Pearls were then placed in the center of each flower for the finishing touch!

This particular card was difficult to photograph with all the foiled areas.  Here is another photo showing off the glimmered foil better. 




I really like the contrast between the colored flowers and the foiled flowers and sentiment.  

If you click on any of the links in the blog or purchase from any of the vendors on the left side of each post,  please use my link (just click on the image for the store you want to use).  It will not affect your purchase in any way, but will provide me with a very small compensation for your order.  This is what helps me to be able to purchase new products to share with you!  Thank you!  It is very much appreciated.  

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram



2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!