Monday, September 13, 2021

Take Time to Smell the Flowers

 I recently purchased the Cartoon Tulips stamp and die bundle from Altenew and decided to play with it.  I am not really an orange person, but I love when a card is done in orange turns out so pretty


 I first layered the tulips with ink, but then decided to color them instead using my copic markers.  I stamped the image onto X-press it blending card stock using VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink.  For this particular card, I used YR18, YR04, Y38 for the tulips and YG67, YG63, and YG03 for the leaves and stems.  I think they turned out so pretty.  


After coloring, I cut out the tulips with the matching die.  Using a strip of the light orange gingham paper from the Honey Bee Stamps Gingham Galore: Fall paper pack, (which if you like the paper, they also have matching envelopes!)  I placed it down the center of a sheet of pretty gold and white paper from the Spellbinders Love The Moment paper pad which is expired. 

This was then all placed on a white card base.  The flowers were popped up against the gingham strip using foam squares. I found some orange ribbon from my stash to place at the bottom of the tulips.  The sentiment was stamped using the My Favorite Flower stamp and die from Honey Bee Stamps and versa fine clair nocturne ink

As a final touch I added some clear orange acrylic drops as embellishments. 


I really liked how this turned out!  If you like it too, please let me know in the comments below.


Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram



2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!