Sunday, March 10, 2019

Country Cottage Treat Box

You know I am having fun with the Gable Favor Gift Box and today is no different.  I paired it with the Sweet Home Accent Die Set to create this adorable little treat box.  All the items used are listed below.


I decided to start with this wood grain paper from the Good Life Prints paper pack.  I cut two pieces using the gable box die.  Next I cut out the windows from the front and back pieces of the box and then cut them again from Butter Cream Cardstock.  I also cut the door, and window sills from the same color cardstock and inked the edges of all of them using Hazelnut Blend Ink and a small dauber dowel.   I cut pieces of clear view sheets and glued on the inside of the front and back pieces over the window holes.  I then glued the Butter Cream windows to the front side of the pieces onto the acetate to make the windows.  The sills were glued underneath the windows.  I inked the edges of the door pieces and glued together.  I cut out the grass pieces from Limeade Splash.  I used a green copic marker to add the individual blades of the grass.  The pieces were then glued to the front and back pieces of the box at the bottom edges.  Then it was glued to the front piece of the box.  I added a fashion gold embellishment for the door knob.  



I cut another window sill piece from River Stone cardstock to create the door stoop.  I glued that and the door to the front piece as shown.  The cat was cut from Black Licorice cardstock and glued to the front window.  

The flower pots were cut from Tangerine Fusion and shaded with an brown copic marker.  I then chose the cute little tulips from the Easter Wishes stamp set which were stamped onto Whip Cream cardstock using Black Licorice ink and colored with my copic markers.  After coloring, I fussy cut them to fit with the flower pots and glued them to the box as shown.  

I wanted to add a roof to my cottage, so I used the scallop die from the Border Basics Die Set from Hazelnut Blend cardstock.  I cut a total of four, and cut and fit them to the top of the box with a slight overhang.  


Then finally the front and back pieces were assembled, to create the finished box.  These would make cute little gives to give a new neighbor, or great favors for a housewarming party.  I am sure you can think of many other uses for these too.  

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below with links to the online pages. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List


Sweet Home Accent Die 

2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!