Friday, March 1, 2019

Blinged out Easter egg card

Here is a really different type of Easter card full of colors and bling.  I have listed all the items used below.


Well, I have been playing again with my alcohol inks and having so much fun creating with them.  However, I have all those practice sheets and what do I do with them?  Well today I decided to use them as Easter eggs.

I started with a whip cream base card and followed that with a layer of yellow polka dot paper from my stash.  I then cut three eggs using the Holiday Window Box Die from Whip Cream, Bubble Gum and Beach Breeze cardstock.  I cut out three of my alcohol sheets to fit behind the cut out eggs.  They were then glued together.



I felt as tho the eggs needed something else, so I checked thru my stash and found these colored rhinestones that matched perfectly.  They were glued across the center of the eggs and made the perfect addition to finish them off.

I attached the eggs to the card popping up the center egg with foam squares.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Hope Anchors stamp onto whip cream paper using black licorice ink.  It was then cut out using the matching die.  I popped it up using foam squares.

I hope you like this card.  It is different, and kind of fun.  I think it turned out great and was a great way to use my alcohol test pieces. If you don't have the colors of alcohol inks that I used, just use what you have, it really doesn't matter.  Don't stress over it, just have fun!

If you are interested in learning how to use the alcohol inks, simply search YouTube.  There are tons of videos there and they will give you lots of ideas and instructions.  That's what I did!



Again, I created a matching envelope by gluing the designer paper to the flap and trimming to size.



Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below with links to the online pages. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List



2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use your practice backgrounds like this. They look lovely!
    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!