Friday, February 8, 2019

Sending Hugs and Happy Thoughts

In celebration of my becoming an Altenew Affiliate, I created today's card featuring some of my favorite products of theirs.  All supplies are listed at the end of this post.


I started off by selecting a white cardstock background.  I then die cut this beautiful cozy flannel cover die using black paper.  This die is gorgeous and creates the most beautiful backgrounds for your cards.

The flowers, leaves and sentiment were created using the Beautiful Day Stamp and Die Set.  I LOVE floral stamps and this set is just awesome.  Not only does it have the outline stamp for the flowers and some of the filler flowers (not shown) which can be colored, but they also have the flowers and leaves as layering stamps!  This is perfect for me as I love to color too!

I started by using my Misti, and stamping the outlines of the flowers in Jet black.  This made it so much easier to position the layers.  I stamped from dark to light using Caramel Toffee, Maple Yellow and Citrus Burst.  The leaves do not have an outline stamp, but were stamped using the colors in the Green Fields mini cube set.  I cut them all out using the matching die set.


Lastly, the sentiment was stamped using Jet Black.  I arranged the elements on the card and glued with craft glue except for the lower flower which was popped up using foam squares.  Here is the finished card:



I really like how striking the yellow colors are against the black cover die.  I hope you like it too and will give it a try.

Please note:  these products were purchased and not given to me for a review.  The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below with links to the online pages for your convenience.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!