Sunday, February 10, 2019

Beautiful Day

Well today I decided to again use the Beautiful Day stamps set from Altenew, but this time I decided to color the image instead of layering it with inks.  I have listed all the supplies below.



I tend to create my cards a little backwards than most.  I started off by stamping just the large blossom onto a piece of Spectrum Noir Marker paper.  I then chose the colors of copics I wanted to use and proceeded to color it.  I was pleased with how it turned out, so I stamped the image again onto some masking paper and masked off the large flower.  I then took two of the smaller stamps and stamped them around the main blossom.  I removed the masking paper and colored the remaining stamped images.  I thought that blue would be  a good color to pair with the yellow-orange of the main blossom.  Once completely colored, I added the sentiment using Jet Black ink.  




I cut the marker paper to 5 1/4 by 4" and matted it on to a blue card base which complimented the blue flowers.  I then added three yellow rainbow drops for some added interest.


I am not used to creating cards such as this that are rather stark, so I am working outside my comfort zone.  I have been really practicing and taking some classes from Kit and Clowder to try and improve my coloring.  I  still need to practice and have so much more to learn, but it is a start and I am really pleased in how this image turned out.  I hope you like it too!

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below with links to the online pages for ordering. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List


4 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!