Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Quick and Easy Birthday Card

Here is another fun birthday card you can whip up quickly for family or friends.  All products used are listed below.


I decided to do this card in purples which is not a color scheme I usually use.  I started with a dark purple base card.  I then cut out the beautiful background from white card stock using the Frilly Frames Lattice die from Sunny Studions.  I took a craft knife and carefully slit the lattice piece so that I could add some lavender ribbon and tuck the edges underneath.  I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock using the Altenew Birthday Builder stamp set in Grape Fusion ink.

Next, I stamped the cake image onto white cardstock and colored it using my copic markers.  This is a smaller size stamp and really only takes minutes to color, which comes in handy when you need a card in a pinch.  Sometimes I stamp and color several at a time so I have them ready when I need them!  It was then cut using the matching die and glued onto a white square which was popped up with foam squares.



I assembled the pieces as shown and added some Rainbow Drops beside the sentiment.


I hope you like the finished card.  You can, of course, change the color scheme to whatever you like and it would still be as pretty.  Again, I have listed all the products and colors of copics used below.

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jeanne! Great idea to make the slits and add the ribbon. Love the purple too.
    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I really appreciate your comments and am so glad that you like the card!

      Delete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!