Monday, January 14, 2019

First time playing with Alcohol Inks

I have not yet ventured into the world of alcohol inks yet.  So, while visiting my local craft store I saw that they had a Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Kit.  It came with three colors of ink, blending solution, gold metallic mixative, mini distress archival ink pad (black), a clear stamp set, acrylic block, ink applicator tool with 10 felt pieces, 5 sheets of alcohol ink cardstock and a technique booklet.  All this for around $18.00.  I though it was a perfect way to try out these products to see if I liked them or not.  And I LOVED them!.  I created several different prints and chose this particular one to create the following card.



I have listed all the products used below. I started out with a Turbo Teal card base because I thought it best complimented the alcohol print colors.  The alcohol print was created using the paper provided int he kit along with the gold mixative,  stream and sunshine yellow inks, and the blending solution.  I cut the alcohol print into a strip and placed it to the left of the card front.  On the right I used my Altenew Lace Edge Die with whip cream card stock and placed it to the left of the card front.



 With the remaining alcohol print I stamped the smallest butterfly from the Small Thinks stamp set using the ink that came with the kit and cut them out using the matching die.  Using foam squares I glued them on top of the white paper.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was then stamped onto whip cream card stock using Turbo Teal ink.  I cut it out and placed it on the left side of the card using foam squares.    I really like the look that the alcohol prints created.  I felt that the kit came with everything you needed to try them out!  I have added some new colors of ink to my collection and will be playing with them for sure in the future.


So if you have been thinking of trying out some alcohol inks, pick up one of these starter kits and give them a try!  I am sure you will love them too.

I would love to hear what you think of the card, or the products used.  Please leave your comments below.  Thank you for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List

Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Kit






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!