Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Spooky Greetings Halloween Slimline Card

 This is my first Halloween card of the season and I decided to do a slimline card.   This card features several of the Spellbinders new releases.  


To create this card, I began with a 4x9" piece of white cardstock.  Using a blending brush I created the sky using Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire..  This makes such a beautiful sky.  To start, I cut a circle the size of the moon I waned  from any circle die you may have.  I then put some easy glide adhesive on the back of the circle, rubbed it on my clothing to remove some of the stickiness and placed it where I wanted the moon.  

With the darkest color ink and starting at the top, I began adding ink.  I then went to the middle shade and finally finishing up with the lighter shade.  This makes for the perfect Halloween night sky.  The circle was removed to reveal the moon.  

The grass was cut by hand from a dark green color.  The tree was cut using a medium brown cardstock and the fence was cut in black using the Spooky Cottage die set.  The ghosts, bats, cat, sentiment, and  pumpkins were all cut using the Open House BOO die set.  You can see the colors used in the photo.

I cut the small skulls from white cardstock using the Open House Halloween die set and placed them on the fence posts. The leaves on the tree and scattered about were cut from various colors of cardstock using the Mini Fall Blooms die set

At first, I wasn't so keen on slimline cards, but lately I have enjoyed making them and see more in my future.  I hope you like this card, all of the dies used are linked in the instructions above.  All these dies go great together and allow you to create endless  cards.

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram



2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!