Monday, August 23, 2021

Fall Traditions Thankful Door Card

I love the new Spellbinders Open House Door Base.  There are so many add-ons to create so many different cards.   This time I mixed several different new die sets to create this fall card.  



To create this card, I started with a 5x7 white base card.  I then took a piece of light tan, the same size as the card front and drew horizontal lines evenly spaced across the paper using a fine line brown marker.  That created the "siding" of the house.  I created the door using a medium brown cardstock with the Open House Door Base and Open House Side Panel dies.  The panels on the door and side windows were popped up with foam squares.  I used a light blue cardstock and clear acetate to place inside the windows and transom to make it look like glass.  The flower pots, mail slot and door knob were all cut from brushed gold cardstock.  I used three different shades of orange for the pumpkins, green for the stems and leaves, and yellow for the flowers.  They were all cut from the Open House Pumpkin Topiary Die Set.  The bow was cut from red cardstock using the Open House Topiary die set.  The welcome mat was cut from another shade of brown using the Open House Thankful die set from the Fall Traditions Collection.  The sunflower on the door, was made using two shades of yellow for the petals and dark brown for the center using the sunflower die from the Wagon Full of Fall die set  from the Happy Harvest Collection.

I felt that the scene still needed something, so I chose to cut several tree branches from the Welcome Fall die set in a dark brown color.  I cut them to different sizes to look as though the tree was planted near the door.  The leaves were die cut using the maple leaf from the Wagon Full of Fall die set using fall colors.  

Everything was then glued to the "siding" piece and attached to the front of the base card.  I think that this created a lovely fall scene.  I hope you agree.  

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram




2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!