Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Fun and Easy Masculine Birthday cards

For those of you who struggle with making masculine cards, I may have a fun and easy solution for you here today.   I was thinking of Father's day coming up, and I went thru my dies that I have for that holiday and came across this adorable die set from Sunny Studios called Sweater Vest.  Here are two different versions:


I recently purchased a 6x6 paper pack from Memory Box called Madras Plaid Blue and Violet.  These  papers were so pretty, I decided to use them for the sweater vests.  The first one, I chose a teal colored paper from my stash to accent the plaid.  The bow tie, collar and bottom band were all cut using the teal paper.  The collar and portion of shirt that shows above the sweater collar were both cut with white cardestock. For the sentiment, I used an older FSJ die set from my stash in the coordinating teal color.



For the next card, I choose a lavender colored cardstock to coordinate with the madras paper I chose.  This time I used the V neck sweater collar.  The shirt and collar were done the same as the above card.  The Simon Says Happy Birthday Die was used to create the sentiment with the lavender cardstock on the second card.  


Both "sweaters" were adhered to an A2 white card base on which they fit perfectly.  I decided to add a piece of each of the madras papers to the envelope flaps so they looked more coordinated.  

Now these were made into birthday cards, however they can still be used for Father's Day or any other time you want a more masculine card.  I hope you like them and this helps with some of the masculine card struggles.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanne

1 comment:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!