Thursday, June 3, 2021

Pretty Floral and Madras Hello Card

 Like I said yesterday, I am in love with Memory Box's new Madras Plaid Blue and Violet paper pad. I decided to use another pretty sheet of this paper to create  a different type of card.  I am using the Spellbinders Floral Oval die set, which I believe is discontinued, but you can still purchase it on Amazon, by clicking here.  Here is a photo of what I have created.  



I started with a white base card and cut the mesh oval also from white cardstock.  I then found a beautiful blue cardstock in my stash that complimented the madras perfectly.  I cut one piece at 4 x 5.25" and centered it on the base card.  I cut the plaid cardstock to 3.75 x 5".  I then used the mesh oval die to cut a piece out of the plaid paper.  I set this piece aside and centered the remaining plaid paper on the blue.  Taking the white mesh piece I cut earlier, I placed it in the oval cut from the plaid paper so that the blue showed thru.  I cut the vine piece using a green cardstock.  The flowers were then cut and assembled using the same blue paper from my stash.  I added some of light blue pearls to the center of each flower.  

The sentiment was cut from white cardstock using the Dare 2B Artsy "Hello" mini die.  It was glued to a rectangle of the blue cardstock and adhered to the front of the card.  



To complete this project, I added a strip of the same madras cardstock to the envelope.  I feel this makes them more coordinated and looks more professional.  



I hope you enjoyed this card.  I love the color combinations and will surely be using more of the madras paper in the future.  


Thanks for stopping by and keep on crafting!

Jeanne

1 comment:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!