Sunday, June 20, 2021

Two Masculine Themed Cards Using Spellbinders Dies of the Month

 I have been a member of the Spellbinders die of the month club since it began.  I recently decided to get the large dies also. When you purchase both, you get a  discount called the die hard club.    This post will feature two cards, one from each die set.  (They also have many other clubs to choose from)



The card on the left features the Large Die of the Month for July, called Colorblock Circles and Stripes.  I have used  shades of light and dark lavender cardstock to create the striped design  and the circles.  I used blue cardstock for the curved die and the mat and then added the happy birthday using black cardstock.  I did use a corner rounder on the top piece.  Here is the finished card.  



The second card uses the small die of the month for July, called Colorblock Landscape.  I wanted to give it a desert look, so I chose tans and brown cardstock for the ground and mountains.  The sun was cut from a dark coral cardstock.  The sun rays were cut from a pale yellow and ink blended using Citrus Cooler then I added some Rich Coral ink overtop and blended using a foam dauber. I arranged the rays around the sun and then pieced together the bottom section.  I added the cacti in green cardstock and the sentiment was from my stash and stamped onto some white cardstock and popped up with foam squares. 

Here is the finished card:


 I think that either card would work for the men in your life.  We seem to really struggle with masculine cards.  You can easily change the colors of cardstock used for a completely different look.  


Thank you for stopping by and "Keep Crafting"

Jeanne

2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!