Friday, June 4, 2021

Stitched Card Front Border and Flower Die Set

This card features Spellbinders Large Die of the Month for May 2021.  It is called the Stitched Card Front Border and Flower.  If you like to embroider, this just might be for you!


I started by selecting a pretty blue cardstock that coordinated with the embroidery thread I hand on hand.  I first cut out the boarder die along the bottom of the blue paper.  Using white embroidery thread, I stitched out the border.  To separate it from the rest of the card, I added some thin dark blue ribbon and tied a bow which was then glued to the ribbon on the left side.  I added light blue pearls to the center of each flower along the bottom border.

For each flower and leave, I die cut two pieces of each out of white cardstock and glued them togeter.  This added some stability to the flowers and leaves.  I then embroidered the leaves with green thread, and two flowers in light blue, and one flower in dark blue thread.  The centers of the flowers were done in yellow thread.



For the sentiment, I chose Gina K designs, scripty sayings and embossed it with white embossing powder. I love this stamp set and found that it fit perfectly in the space provided.  

I hope you like this card.  It is a little different with the embroidery, and a little time consuming to do all that embroidery, but I think the end result is well worth it.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!