Monday, December 3, 2018

Feeling the Warmth of the Holidays

Today I am again combining stamp sets.  This time from Hero Arts and Spellbinders/FSJ.  They worked so well together, I couldn't resist.



This card reminds me of a cozy Christmas eve by the fire with the stocking hung just waiting for Santa.  All the products used are listed below.

I started by using a Candy Apple card base.  I then cut a mat from the Good Life prints paper pack.  It reminded me of paneling, so I thought it would be just perfect.  The fireplace was cut from Oatmeal Cookie cardstock using the fireplace die from Hero Arts Winter Hearth set.  I enhanced the brickwork,  on the fireplace by shading with copic markers.  I saved the center cutout of the fireplace and colored it with copics, to give it that well used, sooty look.  The fire, log, and grate were all stamped onto whip cream cardstock.  The fire was stamped with Lemon Drop ink and then colored with a red and orange copic to add more realism.  The log was stamped with Hazelnut Blend ink and then colored with copics.  The grate was stamped with Black Licorice Ink.  The fire, log, and grate, were all fussy cut and then glued to the fireplace.  The stockings were stamped onto Whip Cream cardstock and then colored with copics.  They were die cut and glued to the front of the fireplace.  



Using the FSJ Deck the Halls Stamp Set, I stamped the wreath and garland onto Limeade Splash cardstock using Kiwi Slice Ink.  I stamped the wreath again onto Candy Apple cardstock using Black Licorice ink.  The bow was fussy cut and glued onto the green wreath.  

The wreath and garland were enhanced by adding more branches/needles with a Sakura Green Glitter Jellyroll pen.  It is hard to see in the photo, but adds some glittery shimmer to the greenery. 

With the same stamp set, I stamped the large and small taper candles with Black Licorice ink onto Whip Cream Cardstock.  I then colored with copics and colored the base of the candles with a Sakura gold metallic gellyroll pen.  

Finally the sentiment was stamped in Black Licorice Ink.  I think I achieved the overall effect I was going for.  I really like the rustic look it has.  I think using the copics on the bricks, fire, and log, really made them look more realistic and added to the cozy look of this card.  


Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I would love to hear what you think of this card!  Please leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
Never Stop Creating


Facebook  
YouTube 
Pinterest
Instagram

Supply List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!