Monday, April 23, 2018

Let's Ride off into the Sunset

That is what I think of when I look at this card.  I created the colorful background using the Fun Stampers Journey Gel Press and Acrylic Paints which gives this gorgeous sunset look.


If you have never tried the Fun Stampers Journey gel press, well you don't know what you are missing!  I first applied small amounts of both colors of acrylic paint directly to the gel press.  Then, using the brayer, I spread and mixed the paint across the surface.  I took a full sheet of whip cream card stock and laid it down onto the surface of the gel press and smoothed it across the surface.  When the paper was lifted, you had a unique and beautiful background.  Any remaining paint on the press can then be redistributed and used again on another piece of card stock.  The background I used today was from the second printing.  FSJ's Gel press is 8.5 x 11 inches which is just the right size.  You can get four backgrounds from one printing by using a full sheet of card stock.  No waste.  

While it was drying, I stamped two images of the truck from Fun Stampers Journey Happy Adventure stamp set.  One full image was colored and just the back of the truck bed was colored on the second using Fun Stampers Journey Color Burst pencils .  The gel press piece was cut to size and glued to the front of a limeade splash card base.  I chose a strip of the heart map printed paper from the Sunday Adventure Prints and added it down the left side of the card front.  The whole truck image was glued to the bottom half of the card.  The back end of the truck was fussy cut and raised up on the first image using foam squares.  


Doing this give the truck some real dimension.  I love the arrow stamp from this set and thought that it was just the added touch to place underneath the sentiment.  


And there they go, riding off into the sunset.  

Using the gel press can be so fun.  You can create so many different unique backgrounds, by using liquid colors, splashes, paints, stencils, etc.  I hope you will give it a try.  Warning:  It can become quite addictive LOL!

I hope you like this card and will give it a try for yourself!  Let me know what you think in the comments below.  I love hearing from you!

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this post.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Catalogs:  https://www.funstampersjourney.com/pws/jeannebobish/tabs/catalog.aspx
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
Website:    www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
YouTube:   www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish

2 comments:

  1. pretty card. I think it is time for me to take my Gel press out again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad it inspired you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!