Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Father's Day Blues

I know it might be a little early to start thinking about Father's Day cards, but this cute stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey is retiring, so I wanted to let you know and show you how fun it is to use it to create this all in blue card.  






I really love how this card turned out.  I never quite know when I start to create a card, what the end results will be.  A lot of the time it is completely different than what I had originally planned.  That is kind of the way this card was.  I knew I wanted to feature the Dad Code Bundle, which is on the retiring list.  That means that you can order it now and hopefully get it, or you can gamble and wait until May 1st, when all retired items will be marked down.  But either way, it is while supplies last.  So once the are gone, they are gone for good!.

I started this card by using a Whip Cream card base.  I then took a piece of Pool Play card stock and created a mat.  Using Black Licorice, Beach  Ball, and Whip Cream silks, I splattered the entire piece of Pool Play only creating a splattered background.  With Huckleberry Fusion card stock I cut an oval using the coordinating piercing die and cut a strip to go down the left side of the card.  The Through The Year prints have the adorable bow tie printed paper which went perfectly with the theme of this card so, I cut a strip of it and matted it on the huckleberry fusion.  

Using the Dad Code stamp set, I stamped the glasses on Whip Cream card stock and the bow tie on Pool Play card stock, both using Huckleberry Fusion ink.  They were die cut using the coordinating dies and were attached to the oval.  The glasses were popped up using foam squares.

The sentiment was chosen from the Your Day bundle (not retiring) and was stamped on both Whip Cream and Pool Play card stock using Huckleberry Fusion ink.  After die cutting the sentiment with the coordinating die, I fussy cut the banner from the Pool Play piece and glued it onto the sentiment which was then popped up using foam squares.  Journey Silver dots were then added as an embellishment and Journey Glaze was added to the lenses of the glasses. 



I think this makes a perfect Father's Day card.  What do you think?  Please let me know in the comments below.  

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Catalogs:  https://www.funstampersjourney.com/pws/jeannebobish/tabs/catalog.aspx
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
Website:    www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
YouTube:   www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!