Thursday, April 26, 2018

For the Best Dad Ever

Everyone thinks their dad is the best dad ever and with this card you can tell him just that!  I used some of Fun Stampers Journey soon to retire products along with some of our brand new products to create this fun Father's Day card.  




Now I have to admit, I did a no no on this card.  I cut my stamp!  Eeeek!  It is true, but the mustache stamp in this set had a handle or stick down one side which I carefully cut off so that I could stamp just the mustache.  I stamped it randomly on Oatmeal Cookie card stock using Hazelnut Blend ink.  I then filled in some sections with the coffee bean stamp from Coffee Helps stamp set.  After stamping, I realized it was a little heavy, so I added a piece of vellum on top to tone it down a bit.  I REALLY love our corrugated card stock and try to use it as often as possible.  It adds some wonderful texture to the card.  I cut a band of it to go across the front of the card and added a Butter Cream mat. 

 Using the Coffee First Die set, I cut out a cup and lid from Oatmeal Cook and then the label from Butter Cream. I felt that the cup needed some shading and detail so I used the Color Burst colored pencils to do just that.  The label was then attached and I spelled out DAD using the new Sunshine Alphabet stickers.  They match perfectly with the Sweet Candy drops.  Natural twine was added for more texture and I stamped another mustache on Butter Cream and fussy cut to place under the sentiment.  I used the Best Dad Ever stamp from the Your Day stamp set. It was stamped on Butter Cream card stock and matted on Hazelnut Blend.  Both the coffee cup and the sentiment were popped up using foam squares. 





If you dad is a coffee drinker, well this is a great card for him!  I hope you will give it a try.  It is quick and easy to do.  All the supplies used are  list below and can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.


Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I hope you enjoyed this card.  Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think!  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Catalogs:  https://www.funstampersjourney.com/pws/jeannebobish/tabs/catalog.aspx
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
Website:    www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
YouTube:   www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!