Thursday, May 31, 2018

Dahlia Cut Away Card

I LOVE dahlias.  They are such beautiful flowers and come in so many colorful varieties.  Fun Stampers Journey has a beautiful Dahlia Burst Stamp set that worked perfectly for the card I created for today's post.   I am not sure of the exact name for this type of card, so I am calling it a cut away card since you cut away a portion of the background.



I love this stamp set as it always makes the most beautiful cards.  For this card, I started with a Whip Cream card base.  I then cut a piece  of  Pool Play card stock 5.25 x 4 inches and attached it centered on the front of the card base.  Next I took another piece of Whip Cream card stock the same size as the Pool Play piece and drew a soft pencil line across the piece.  This line would be where I placed the center of the stamped images.  I started with the largest dahlia stamp and stamped it in the middle of the piece straddling the pencil line.  I masked that image off and stamped the smaller dahlia image on either side of the larger one, straddling the center line and making sure that the image goes all the way to the side of the paper.  I then created masks for the small dahlias and stamped two leaves onto the front as shown.



The stamped images were colored using Color Burst Colored Pencils.  The top half of the flowers were fussy cut above the pencil line as shown above.  For some added bling, I placed some of our Pool Play Sparkle tape along the bottom of the stamped piece leaving a very small amount of Whip Cream showing below it.  That piece was then placed onto the Pool Play mat which added some color behind the top of the dahlias.  I also  placed it so a small amount of the Pool Play showed underneath this piece.

The sentiment was then stamped onto Whip Cream card stock and fussy cut out.  I used the Must Have Sentiment Stamp set for that.  It was popped up onto the sparkle tape.  As a final touch, I added three blue  Rainbow Drops.  And here is the finished card:




This card would be perfect for so many occasions, like a non-traditional graduation card, a promotion card, or just because someone made you proud.  I hope you would be proud to give it and happy to receive it!

Today is day number 16 of my Make it to Manager Bundles. I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal and you can help me get there.   So for 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax (if applicable).   All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

TODAY'S  BUNDLE
includes:

Dahlia Burst Stamp Set
Must Have Sentiments
Pool Play Sparkle Tape 

All for just $50.42 which includes shipping and tax (where applicable)



I have listed the complete supply list below that links each item to my online store for purchase.  It can also be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!