Thursday, May 3, 2018

Soft and Pretty Pastel Thank You Card

I never know where my creativity will take me.  I was in the mood to play with some soft pastel colors and wanted to use one of Fun Stampers Journey host exclusive die set and the dotted background die.  This is the card I came up with. 



I started by cutting the Lots of Dots die out of Whip Cream card stock and trimmed it to 5.25 x 4 inches.  I then cut two strips of Watermelon Fusion, Cool Pool, Pool Play, Bubble Gum, and Pretty Amethyst card stock slightly larger than 1/2 inch wide.  I then glued them on the back of the dotted die cut, two of each color side by side to fill two rows of dots..  When shown from the front, there are two rows of dots of each color. (there will be one row with only one strip of color)  This was then matted onto a Whip Cream card base.

The flowers were created by stamping them on Pineapple Smoothie, Bubble Gum, and Pretty Amethyst card stock with Clear Pigment Ink and embossed using White embossing powder.  The leaves were done the same way, only they were stamped on the Cool Pool card stock.  All were then die cut using the matching die set.  They were arranged towards the bottom of the card and glued in place, all except the Pretty Amethyst flower which was popped up using foam squares.  

The Charming Thank You die is a host exclusive, which means that if you order $150. or more or host a party totaling $150. or more, you can choose this as one one of your hostess rewards.  Remember, you do not have to have a party to receive hostess rewards!!!! 

I really like the soft, pastel colors of this card.  I think it made for a very unique Thank You card.  Remember too, just change up the sentiment and you have a card for any occasion.   I hope you enjoy this card.  Here's a closer look:





Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below (except for the thank you die which can only be earned and not purchased separately)  which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

P.S.  Don't forget Fun Stampers Journey is having a huge retirement sale while supplies last!  Also, you have the opportunity to purchase a die bundle and get the AMAZE die cutting and embossing machine FREE!  Visit my website or facebook page for details.  

Catalogs:  https://www.funstampersjourney.com/pws/jeannebobish/tabs/catalog.aspx
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
Website:    www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
YouTube:   www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish




2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!