Sunday, July 25, 2021

Open House "Hello" Card

Today I am really thrilled to create this card using products from the new "Open House" collection from Spellbinders.  


I created this 5 x7" card starting with a black card base.  I cut a piece of very pale grey 4.75 x 6.75 inches.  I wanted this to appear as a brick house so using the Hefty Doodle brick by brick stencil,  along with Weathered Wood Distressed Ink I stenciled this piece using a foam dauber.  A piece of plain  pale grey paper was placed across the bottom of my card to represent the porch.  Next I set out to cut all the die pieces necessary for my front door.  I used the Open House Base, Open House Door Side Panel, Open House Topiary, and the Always Welcome Club die from October 2000.  

As you can see, the door was done in black card stock, all the panels and window trim was done in a medium grey cardstock.  The inside of the windows were cut from a very pale yellow and cut again from Vellum to give them a frosted look.  The mail slot and door knob were cut from brushed silver card stock.  The panels on the door were raised using foam squares.  The rest of the pieces were assembled and attached using craft glue.  

All the greenery was cut first from a dark green cardstock and then a lighter green was cut and placed atop the dark green.  This gave the wreath and topiary some depth.  The pots were cut from terra cotta colored card stock.  The welcome mat and the bows were all cut from red cardstock.  Bows were placed on the wreath, and one on each topiary.  The tiny flowers were cut from white cardstock and the pale yellow was used for the centers.  

All the pieces were assembled and placed on the stenciled piece as shown in the photo.  I then mounted that piece onto a black card base which left a slight black margin around the outside.  I think it created a stricking card.  What do you think?

I love playing with and mixing dies to create my own fun images.  These sets are no exception!  This is so fun to create and I am sure you will have fun creating with them too.  So be sure to check out this new collection.  There are even more add ons available for Halloween and Fall!

Thanks for stopping by and never stop crafting!

Jeanne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!