Monday, July 26, 2021

Happy 80th Birthday Card

 I was recently asked to create an 80th birthday card for a woman's grandmother.  All I was told was that she liked red roses or dogs.  Well all the dog stamps I have are on the cute side and I wanted to make something more elegant and refined for this woman.  Here is what I created:


I LOVE how it turned out.  I started by looking thru all my rose dies and stamps.  I came across this Altenew's Antique Rose die set and knew it was the one!  I searched my stash for 4 shades of red cardstock to create the roses, and three shades of green cardstock to create the leaves.  The roses turned out Gorgeous!

Once they were all created, I had no idea what I was going to do next.  I loved the idea of the three roses being together on the card, so I ended up creating a 5 x 7 card base.  I normally never make cards this size, but needed the extra room to create the design I wanted. 

I took some mirrored gold paper and cut one mat which was centered on the card base.  For the background paper I found this lovely printed paper.  It is really hard to see in the photo, but it has small gold handwriting all over it.  

I laid out the leaves and roses and then glued them down.  The only thing else it needed was a sentiment.  She wanted it to say "Happy 80th Birthday Grandma"  Well I didn't have a stamp that said Grandma, so I just went with Happy 80th Birthday, which I heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  It was cut out and popped up with foam squares.  It finished off the card perfectly.  I hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by and Keep on Crafting!

Jeanne

6 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!