Saturday, October 13, 2018

Lovely Floral Birthday Card



I just love the soft, pretty colors I used to create this card.  It was so much fun and all the products used were from Fun Stampers Journey.  They can be purchased from my website until Nov. 1, 2018.  Then Spellbinders and FSJ will merge and there will be another website that carries products from both manufacturers. (more on that in a future post - Stay Tuned!)

I used a whip cream base card for this project.  I then added a layer of  Cool Pool card stock leaving a border of the Whip Cream showing around the edges.  The next piece cut was the polka dot paper from the Cozy Prints paper pack.  It measures 4 inches x 2.75 inches.  Before attaching to the front of the card, I die cut two of the looped border pieces from Whip Cream card stock using the Border Essentials Die Set.  They were then glued to the top and bottom of the polka dot paper and attached to the front of the card.  

I stamped the image from the Handpicked for You stamp set using Black Licorice ink.  This is such a beautiful stamp set!  I colored the image using the Color Burst colored pencils and cut it out to be 2 1/2 x 3 1/8 inches.  I then matted it on a slightly larger size piece of Cool Pool and then an even larger piece of Bubble Gum card stock.  It was attached to the card, slightly above center.




The sentiment I chose was from the Dance Life stamp set.  I thought the font when well with the image I chose.  It was stamped onto Whip Cream card stock using Black Licorice ink and attached below the image.

The final touch was to add three of the Party Burst Dots in the Cool Pool color.  I think that they set off the image nicely. 

I LOVE this color combination and how the card turned out.  You all know by now that I love pink and the addiction of the cool pool really made this card pop.  I hope you too, will give it a try for yourself.  I am sure you know someone who would love to receive this lovely card.

Please be sure to subscribe to this blog and my mailing list.  I will be posting lots of information and promotions regarding the merging of Spellbinders and FSJ that you won't want to miss!  Tell all your crafty friends too!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty kinda day!
Jeanne



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!