Sunday, May 27, 2018

In a Disney State of Mind

Recently, my friend and neighbor asked me if I would paint a Minni Mouse statue she had in her yard for her grandson.  It had gotten rather faded from the sign and needed freshed up a bit.  So I agreed.  While painting her, I thought up a great, easy card idea.  Then, that blossomed into a card carried and a double pocket.



As I was painting Minnie's dress, which was red with white polka dots, it reminded me of the fun polka dot paper in Fun Stampers Journey Sunday Adventure Prints.  Then, one thing let to another and I created the card.


I started with a Black Licorice card base and cut a piece of Lemon Drop and the polka dot paper to fit on the front.  The Lemon Drop was cut slightly larger than the polka dot.  I added a thin strip of Black Licorice to cover the seam.  Then using the Uplift Die set, I cut the smallest balloon from Black Licorice and with the smallest of the Journey Circles Dies, I cut two out of Black Licorice and glued them to the back of the balloon to resemble a Mickey Mouse balloon.  The balloon was then popped up using foam squares. The sentiment from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set was absolutely perfect for this card.  I stamped it in Black Licorice, on Whip Cream card stock and then adhered it to a piece of Lemon Drop with the right side cut at an angle.  For the finishing touches I added three red Rainbow Drops and some Black Licorice TwistTwine as the balloons tie.  

After looking at the card for a couple days it occurred to me that I could create a card carrier (or small gift bag).


I used the Fun Stampers Journey Card Carrier die set and cut it out of Black Licorice.  I trimmed 1/4" off the top of the pieces to remove the zig zag edge.  I  wanted to use a border, so the zig zags had to go LOL!.  I cut a piece of the polka dot paper to fit the front of the bag and adhered it into place.  I assembled the bag and created the scalloped edge using the Border Basics die set.  I then created the balloon the same as I did for the card, but used the larger dies to make a larger balloon.  I adhered it to the front and added a small white thread bow at the bottom of the balloon.  The sentiment was stamped on Whip Cream card stock and attached to the top left of the yellow border.

After making the bag, I thought why not a double pocket?




So I cut one using Black Licorice and the Double Pocket Die.  (You will need the platinum or a larger die cutting machine for this die)    I cut two pieces of the polka dot paper to fit the front and inside top pocket and adhered in place.  I creased the pocket along the crease lines and assembled.  Using the Lemon Drop card stock, I cut two of the scalloped pieces from the set and attached them to the top of the piece and to the bottom pocket.  I cut the large edge from Whip Cream Card stock and stamped the same sentiment as used for the card onto the flap.  Then I attached that to the top pocket.  I cut the Mickey Balloon the same as for the card and added a Whip Cream thread bow.

What a great set to make for a kid's party or someone who truly loved Disney.  I hope you like how these turned out and will give them a try!



Today is lucky day number 13 of my Make it to Manager Bundles. I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal and you can help me get there.   So for 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax (if applicable).   All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

TODAY'S  BUNDLE
includes:

Journey Circles Die Set
Uplift Die Set
Dandelion Wishes Stamp  Set
PLUS a free bloom benefit!!!

All for just $69.26 which includes shipping and tax (where applicable)



I hope you will give this bundle a try. It is a great opportunity to purchase and try out some of Fun Stampers Journey products.  Once you try them, I know you will be hooked!!

Please be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below that links each item to my online store for purchase.  It can also be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!