Monday, January 16, 2023

What Have Been Up To? - Valentine Tree

 Well I thought I would share with you some non-paper crafting that I have been up to.  We decided to keep up our Christmas tree this year, however, I decided to decorate it for each major holiday.  So, the first one that I chose was Valentine's Day.  Now I got a little late start on this as most of the Valentine stuff was gone from the stores.  However, I did manage to get a few things from the dollar store that I could turn into ornaments.  I was able to find some  heart shaped ornaments at Michael's on clearance and also some red Christmas ornaments at JoAnn's 80% off! The rest  of the ornaments I made myself.  Here is a picture  of the  completed tree.


I love how it turned out!  You know that pink  is my favorite color so this tree really speaks to me! 


Some of the ornaments that I made were felt stuffed hearts which I sewed together, stuffed, and added flowers, ribbons, lace etc.  I made several of these in pinks and reds .



I also purchased some wooden heart cut outs that I added Valentine paper to using Mod Podge.  I then added some thin ribbon around the edges and added flowers, and ribbon, etc. to them as well.  I really like how they turned out as well.


I also learned a new craft, quilted ornaments.  I have had a ball learning and making these.  They are so fun, but my poor fingers are so sore from pushing  in all the pins! 




These are just a few examples.  They are much prettier in real life.  


I also used an old FSJ die that made rosettes.  I used different Valentine paper and lots of embellishments from my stash to create some paper ornaments. 



I am  sorry the photos are not the best.  For some reason, my camera didn't want to cooperate.  But this gives you a few  ideas of what the tree and ornaments look like.  I had so much fun!  I am now making quilted eggs for an Easter tree!  I will share photos of it when it is all done. 

I would love to know what you think  of my tree and the idea.  Please let me know in t he comments below.  

I ordered some wooden eggs and bunnies, and some Easter paper so I will be making more Easter ornaments soon.  I will share those with you too  if you would like.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Jeanne

A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!