Thursday, March 10, 2016

It's a Wonderful Day!



Today's card took me most of the day and started out as a completely different card. Funny how that works sometimes. I started out wanting a square card with a center rosette, and ended up with something entirely different. I used a couple Martha Stewart punches, three colors of paper a little ribbon a couple dies and lots of pearls to end up with this pretty card. 

To start with I used a 5 x 7 white base card. I cut a piece of the medium blue cardstock to 5 x 7 and used the Martha Stewart edge punch on the short sides of the mat. I then added a piece of 1/4" blue satin ribbon to the inside edges of the punched areas. Then I adhered it to the base card. I then cut a white mat 4.75 x 4.25 inches and placed that in the center of the card. Using the light blue again I cut another mat 4 x 4.5 inches and adhered that centered on the white mat. Finally I took a piece of the white cardstock and cut one last mat which measured 3.75 x 4.25 inches. I used the corner punch to punch each corner of this piece before adhering it to the center of the card. With my flower frenzy dies, I cut two of the leaves and two of the flourishes out of the dark blue cardstock and adhered them to the center white mat.  

To create the flowers I cut two of the larges dies and one each of the med. and small dies with the dark blue paper to create the center flower. The two light color flowers were each made by cutting two of the medium dies and one small die. They were then adhered to either side of the dark blue flower. The center of each flower has a large flat back pearl in the center. The punched sections on the sides of the card each have a small pearl in the center of each motif and the white mat has a cluster of three tiny pearls in each of the top two corners. (Bottom corners are hidden behind the flowers). Finally the sentiment was stamped using dark blue ink.

I think it turned out quite pretty and would be perfect for Mother's day, a birthday, or even a first day of work. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

Card Recipe"
White, medium blue, dark blue cardstock
Martha Stewart deep edge punch Daisy Rings
Martha Stewart corner punch Swirling Lace
Spellbinders Blossoms One die set
Paper Artist 12 Flower Frenzy die set
Small, medium and large flat backed pearls
Sentiment stamp
Dark blue ink
adhesive

Thank you for stopping by!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!