Thursday, June 7, 2018

Timeless Foliage Notecard

Today I am featuring one of Fun Stampers Journey fabulous steel rule dies, called Timeless Foliage.  It is a wonderful die and as you probably know, you can cut any number of materials using steel rule dies, such as denim, leather, light chip board, felt, fabric, etc.


 I am using the same technique I used yesterday but in a totally different way. (I wrapped Whip Cream Thread around our B acrylic block and used that as a stamp to create a cool basket weave affect).  Well today I am using that same string covered block to create a totally different look.  I pushed the string covered block onto the Cool Pool ink pad and stamped off.


 Next I started to rub the string covered block across a piece of Whip Cream card stock.  I twisted and rubbed the string against the paper as if I was trying to clean the string or rub the ink off of it.   It created this beautiful soft look on the card stock.  I could have stopped there, but I wanted to add something more.



So, the next step I did was to spray Cool Pool Color Splash across the paper.  I placed it in a box and gave it one spritz, from far away.  I just wanted a light coverage.



I then repeated with Silver Shimmer Color Splash using the same method.



I really like how it turned out.  The colors are soft and look really pretty.  I then decided to add some of our  Silver and Pool Play Sparkle tape across the bottom section of the card.  Using the Whip Cream Thread, I wrapped it around the piece centering it between the sparkle tape.

I then used the Timeless Foliage Steel Rule die to cut out one of each leave design.  I did one in Whip Cream, one in Tubo Teal, and one in Brushed Silver.  They were then glued to the front and I added a Whip Cream Thread bow where the stems meet.  As a final touch I added some Fashion Silver dots.  This was then  popped up on a Turbo Teal Base card.  Here is a close up.


I decided not to add a sentiment as I think It really didn't need one.  You can use this card for any number of occasions or just as a note card.  I hope you like it and will give it a try for yourself!

I have listed the complete supply list below that links each item to the online store for purchase.   I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

6 comments:

  1. Omg I love today's design! Love how you made the background! Everything came together fabulously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jeanne! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Jeanne! So looking forward to trying this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it! It is fun and easy to do!

      Delete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!