Sunday, June 26, 2016

CYCI #126 Die Challenge



This is the card I decided to create for the CYCI #126 Challenge over at www.canyoucaseit.com.  If you follow my blog, you will know that I am now an official Design Team Member!!!  Yeah!

This week's challenge was to use your favorite die.  Well, I have so many, it was really hard to choose.  I had had this Stampendous Jumbo Hydrangea stamp set for quite a long time now and never used it.  While at the craft store the other day, I came across the matching die set, Stampendous Garden Die Cut Set, so, I thought this was the perfect time to use them!

I started by stamping all the images onto white cardstock using my Versafine Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I colored the blossoms using my Spectrum Noir markers and enhanced the coloring using my Prismacolor Pencils (colors listed below).  I just love the soft blues and violets that I was able to achieve.


Starting with a 5x7 white base card, I attached a light blue die cut using my Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 die.  I created a white label using the coordinating Spellbinders Labels 28 die and adhered it to the blue die.  I placed the leaves where I thought they looked the best and glued them down.  With craft foam, I cut a piece to fit the back of the blossom cluster.  This was then glued to the card giving the blossom a raised effect.

With my Nellies Tags 4 dies and the same blue paper, I cut a small tag and added a white eyelet to the whole.  It was then stamped with a "Thinking of You" sentiment stamp using VersaMark watermark stamp pad.  Using  Whispers, Seafoam White embossing powder, I embossed the sentiment and attached the tag to the card along with a small lavender satin ribbon bow.  You could really use almost any sentiment stamp for this card.


Finally for the inside, I cut a piece of the blue paper slightly smaller than the inside of the card and glued it into place.  With an even smaller piece of white card stock, I glued that onto the blue mat.  Then I adhered some of the small blossoms to the corners of the inside leaving plenty of room for a personalized message.  



I LOVE to color and am really happy with how this stamped image turned out.  Hydrangeas are definitely one of my favorite flowers!   I hope you enjoyed this card and will maybe give it a try for yourself.  Please be sure to stop by canyoucaseit.com and check out all the design team members wonderful examples.  And don't forget to play along yourself!  It is just too much fun.   Please tell your friends too!

Until next time!
Jeanne

Color Choices:  (SN = Spectrum Noir and PC = Prismacolor)

Lavender Blossoms:  SN: HB1, HB2, HB3, PC: Violet and Parma Violet (with tints of Hot Pink)
Blue Blossoms:  SN:  TB2, TB1, TB3,  PC:  Indigo Blue and Blue Lake  (with tints of Hot Pink)
Flower centers:  SN:  CG1
Leaves:  SN:  LG2, CG1, CG2,  PC:  Prussian Green, Chartreuse and tints of Burnt Ochre



10 comments:

  1. I love your coloring! I have the same stamp and might need to get it out again. Thanks for the idea ;) Looking forward to participating in many more challenges with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You HolyLise! I do love to color. I am so glad that I inspired you to use your stamp too! Can't wait to see your future challenge cards!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jeanne, This card is sooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Your coloring is FABULOUS!!Wish it was FSJ....... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Char! I don't have anything that is FSJ. I never even heard of the company until I started watching all Eva's videos.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card, and your coloring is exquisite on all of those petals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh! This card is killer gorgeous!!! Your coloring and embellishments. CONGRATS!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!