Saturday, April 9, 2016

Basket of Flowers Mother's Day Card





I have been wanting to create this card ever since I purchased the Our Daily Bread Basket die and stamp.  I thought it would make a really pretty Mother's Day Card.  Since it is snowing here today, I needed something to remind me that it is actually Spring!  I think this basket of colorful flowers did just that!




To create the card I selected a 5x7 vanilla base card and added a mat of sage green colored card stock.  I then cut the vanilla overlay.  I kept the center cutout portion and added that to the card also.

The basket was stamped onto white card stock using Memento ink and then colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers. Using the basket die, I then cut out the basket.  If any of the white paper was still showing around the basket, I trimmed it off using a craft knife.




The flowers were made using scraps of colored card stock.  I created several different sizes and colors.  Then with flower soft, I added the centers to the flowers and cut up the leaf die to add foliage to the basket.

The sentiment was stamped on vanilla card stock and then matted on the sage green card stock.  I added one of the extra flowers to the sentiment and a couple of the flowers and leaves to the bottom left side of the basket.  As the final touch I added a butterfly to the basket handle.

I really love how this card turned out.  I like the colorful, cheerful look of the finished card and I
think it would make a great birthday card too.  I hope you will want to give this a try!

Supplies Used:
Dies:
Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25
Our Daily Bread Easter Basket Die
Elizabeth Craft Dies Bunch of Flowers 728
Memory Box Fancy Blossoms
Poppy Stamps Lorelai Leaf
Just Rite Vintage Labels 7
Paper Artist 10 Tiny Things Plus Shadows

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Versafine Black Onyx

Markers:
Spectrum Noir TN2, TN4, TN6, and the blender

Stamps:
Woodware JWS021 Happy Mother's Day set
Our Daily Bread Basket of Blessings

Flower Soft:
Sunshine Yellow
Meadow
Summer

Keep playing with those papers!

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!