Monday, March 7, 2016

More Easter Card Fun!




I mentioned in my previous post how much I just love my new Our Daily Bread Designs Basket die and stamp sets.  Well I played with it some more today and created these two adorable Easter cards. 



This was the first one I did today, a 5x7 card.  I wanted a little bunny peeking out of the basket, however, I did not have  the right punches or any dies that would work to make him.  So, I fired up the Cameo and created these guys.  Aren't they cute?


Here is the inside of the card.  (I had to photograph it against some dark paper in order for the camera to focus correctly.)  




This is the second one I did, a A2 size card.  I wanted a little bunny rooting around in the basket so I created this little bunny butt too!  It too is part of the cut files I used in the first card.  



I also tried something a little different with my die cut flowers and leaves.  Using a colored pencil that was darker than the color of my paper, I shaded the base of the leaves and petals and added vein lines to the leaves.  I think this really added some interest to them, and I will definitely be doing this technique again in the future.


finally here is the inside of the second card. 

The other great thing about making these cards is using scraps of designer papers for the eggs.  Just cut them out and they are already decorated!  I had a lot of fun choosing which papers to use for the eggs.


As I mentioned before I am not affiliated with Our Daily Bread Designs in any way.  I just have to say that I am in love with this basket stamp and die.  I have so many more ideas for this set that I can't wait to share.  

I have included a link to the free cut file for the bunnies used in these cards. I hope you like it.  Unfortunately for some, it is a .studio3 file which can only be used with the Silhouette Cameo.  If anyone knows how to convert this to other file formats, please let me know so that I can make it and any future files available to more users.  I am trying to figure it out from tutorials on the web, but so far I am having no luck.


FREE Bunny and Eggs .Studio3 Cut File


Until next time, keep playing with those papers!

Jeanne




2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!