Monday, May 9, 2016

Fairy Card Using Free Magazine Stamp


I received the April issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine and was happy to find that this edition came with a free embossing folder and 3 fairy stamps and papers.  I am not normally a fairy type person, buy these stamps were quite pretty.  As much as I loved the cards in the magazine, I wanted to create something of my own.  So, I stamped off the image of one of the stamps onto white paper and colored it in with my Prismacolor colored pencils.    I went with a teal and aqua color scheme and used several different dies for cutting out the various layers.  I think it turned out quite pretty.  Here is a close up of the coloring I did.


I added glitter to the flowers and the fairy's wings for some added bling.   To see what I used to create this card, see the list below.


Stamp:  Free gift with Issue 55 (April) Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine
5 x 7" white base card.
Teal, aqua, and white card stock
Spellbinder dies:  Fleur de Elegance, Elegant Ovals, Classic Ovals Large and Classic Ovals Small
Elizabeth Craft Dies:  Bunch of Flowers #728
Anna Griffith Acanthus Embossing Folder
Prismacolor Pencils:
    Skin:  Lt. Peach, Nectar
    Hair:  Yellow Ochre
    Wings:  Cobalt Turquoise, Light Aqua, Aquamarine, Parrot Green, Indigo.
    Dress:  Parrot Green, Cobalt Turquoise
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks (for center of flowers)
Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle Glitter Brush Pen (wings and flowers)
Flat back pearls.
ribbon.

I am in no way affiliated with the magazine or the products used in this card.

Until next time,
Jeanne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!