Monday, May 23, 2016

Can You Case It? CYCI #121 Color Challenge

I recently came across a site called Can You Case it? which is a weekly paper challenge blog.  I have never participated in a challenge before, and decided to give it a go.  This week's challenge is:


Now these are not colors that I have used together much in the past, so I had to put on my thinking cap and pulled out some papers.  This is what I came up with my for submission to the challenge:



This card was really fun to do and I got to use some of my brand new dies and stamps.  I started with a simple lavender base card.  I found the pretty printed floral paper in my stash and thought it went well with the color scheme of this challenge.  I added a white lace border using my new Taylored Expressions Lace Chain border die.  The yellow oval was created using my Spellbinder Large Oval Die set.  I then cut out a lacy lavender label using my new Spellbinder Reflection die and using the same die set, cut the white oval which was then stamped using Memento Lulu Lavender, which really matched the papers very well.  The sentiment is from Just Rite Paper crafts Rose Bouquets. I have had the Heartfelt Creations Ariana Blooms and matching dies on my wish list for so long, and finally purchased them.  They were well worth the wait!  I LOVE them!  I stamped the flowers onto yellow card stock using the lavender ink.  Then with lavender pearlescent chalks, I chalked the edges and insides of each petal.  It looks more pink than lavender, but picks up the pink in the floral papers.  And finally, I punched out a three layered yellow butterfly using my new EK Success Layered Butterfly punch.  I added some lavender pearls and called it done!  

I am really pleased with how it turned out and hope that you like it too!  My first challenge is under my belt and I look forward to participating in many more in the future!  Stop by www.canyoucaseit.com and try out a challenge for yourself.  

The challenge will close at noon PST on Friday, May 27th, 2016Winners will be posted Saturday, May 28th, 2016

Keep playing with those papers!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!