Wednesday, June 6, 2018

String Stamped Background Technique

While visiting Pinterest the other day, I came across this really cool way to stamp a background onto your card.  I really liked it and couldn't wait to give it a try.  I think it gave this card a very unique and different look.  Here is the card I created.



I used Turbo Teal as my color scheme to create a monochromatic look.  To start with I took some Whip Cream thread and wrapped it around a size B acrylic block.  I taped it in place on the back to secure.  It looked like this:


I cut a piece of Whip Cream Cardstock to 4 x 5.25" and using the thread as my stamp, loaded one side with Turbo Teal ink.  




This was then stamped onto the card stock.  I rotated the block on each stamping which gave a really unique basket weave affect.  

I then applied the tiniest amount of craft glue in each of the 4 corners and placed a sheet of vellum of the same size over top the stamped background to soften it slightly.

Using Beauty Blooms stamp set, I stamped the floral image onto Whip Cream card stock using Turbo Teal ink.  It was then colored using Color Burst colored pencils.  Notice how I just colored the bottoms of each of the petals.  I just wanted to give the flowers a very soft look, leaving them mostly white.  They were then fussy cut using our detail shears and popped up onto the vellum with foam squares.

For the sentiment, I die cut the Birthday from the Designer Frames Die Set out of Turbo Teal card stock.  I snipped the lettering free from the die cut and adhered it to the front of the card using Craft Glue.  As my final embellishment, I added some of the blue Rainbow Drops as shown in the photo below.  This was then adhered to a Turbo Teal card base. 


I REALLY like how this one turned out.  The background was so easy and fun to do.  I will definitely be doing this technique again!


I have listed the complete supply list below that links each item to the online store for purchase.   I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!