Thursday, May 17, 2018

Season All Things Mini Shaker Card

One of the newest stamp sets from Fun Stampers Journey is this fabulous Bushel & a Peck set.  I think it is the perfect stamp set for making cards and projects for all your cooking, gardening, and canning friends and family.  Today's card is a perfect example:



This card was a little more involved than most because of the shaker element, but I knew it would be just perfect for this card.  I created the shaker portion by cutting out two circles from Whip Cream card stock  and one of the same size from craft foam.  (I learned this technique from Jennifer McGuire and use it a lot for making shaker cards).  I used the coordinating die for the canning jar and cut it out of the center of the craft foam circle.  I then glued the craft foam onto one of the Whip Cream circles and set aside.  On the second Whip Cream Circle, I stamped the canning jar using Black Licorice ink.  Using Fun Stampers Journey's new retractable craft knife and cutting mat, I carefully removed the center area of the stamped jar.

To the back of this piece, I cut a small piece of Clear View Sheet to cover the opening I just created.  Using the small heart stamp from the set and Cranberry Bliss ink, I stamped a couple of the hearts on the back piece of Whip Cream, inside the opening of the craft foam.  I then added a few Cranberry Bliss punched hearts using the Heart Punch and Confetti Sparkle Elements in both Candy Apple and Clear.  Adhesive was applied to the back of the piece with the clear view sheet, and centered it on the circle base.  Now you have a completed mini shaker.  Set aside to dry.



Black Licorice card stock was used as the base card.  I also cut a smaller circle from the same color.  The coordinating printed paper was cut using the paper trimmer to cover most of the card front.  I then used the Border Basics Die set and cut one scalloped edge from the same printed paper and one from Cranberry Bliss.  These were then attached to the previous piece of printed paper and covered with a strip of  Candy Apple tape and  Licorice Sparkle Tape.

I attached the printed paper onto a mat piece of Whip Cream leaving a section of the Whip Cream exposed along the bottom.  I punched out five hearts using the Heart Punch and aligned them evenly across the white section.

The sentiment was stamped using Black Licorice ink onto Whip Cream card stock and then die cut using the coordinating die.  I placed it onto a Cranberry Bliss square of card stock to allow the sentiment to pop.

The shaker was attached to the left side of the card along the tape border.  The sentiment was popped up on to the Black Licorice circle  using Foam Squares, offsetting them so that the circle peaks out from behind the sentiment.  Finally I added a multi-loop bow of Candy Apple Thread to the bottom right corner of the mini shaker.

Here is the finished project:



I wasn't quite sure where I was going when I started this card, but I think I ended up in a pretty good place.  I hope you agree!


Today is day 7of my make it to manager bundles. I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal and you can help me get there.   So for 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax (if applicable).  All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

TODAY'S  BUNDLE
includes:

Bushel & a Peck Bundle (includes both the stamp and the die set)
NEW Retractable Craft Knife  (will not ship until approx. May 21)
NEW cutting mat
Heart Punch

All for just $77.56  which includes shipping and tax (where applicable)
AND You will also receive a FREE Bloom Benefit with this order!!





Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Website    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!