Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Pretty Pink Dahlia Bursts in Watercolor

I want to start off by letting you know that I am really working hard towards my next Fun Stampers Journey promotion of manager and I can't do it without your help.  I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal.  So for the next 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax.  All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

Now, to today's card... As you all probably know by now pink is my absolute favorite color and dahlias, are one of my favorite flowers.  So I decided to combine both to create the pretty card:



I started off by placing two pieces of Whip Cream cardstock of different sizes with the smaller piece on top and stamped the medium size dahlia onto both the layered pieces using the clear pigment ink.  I stamped it three times.  Then, I embossed each flower with gold embossing powder and heat set.  Using our fabulous color burst watercolor pencils, I them colored the flowers in pinks using the Journey Blending brush.

Once it was dry, I matted the smaller piece onto Watermelon Fusion card stock and lined up the stamped images and attached to the larger whip cream piece.  I then attached both to a Watermelon Fusion card base and the spattered the card front with Bubble Gum Silk.   I repeated the process by stamping the large dahlia and three of the smaller leaves onto Whip Cream card stock and embossed and colored the same as I did for the background.

The large flower and leaves were die cut using the matching die set and popped up onto the front center of the card.   I chose a sentiment from the Peony Blooms stamp set and stamped it in Watermelon Fusion ink onto Whip Cream card stock.  This too was then matted on a piece of Watermelon Fusion and popped up.  As the final touch, I added some of the Sweet Candy Drops in the light pink color.

I think this made for a beautiful card.  I hope you think so too!  I would love to hear any comments you may have regarding this particular post and the blog in general.  If there are projects you would like to see or specific products you would like me to use, please let me know in the comments below.


TODAY'S  BUNDLE

Today's bundle includes the following:

Dahlia Burst stamp and die sets
Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion ink pad
Clear Pigment Ink pad
Watermelon Fusion Card Stock pack
Gold Embossing Powder 

All for $70.00 which includes shipping and tax




Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Website    



4 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!