Thursday, May 24, 2018

Lovely Lattice Card

Today I thought I would try something new, so after searching around on Pinterest, I found a lattice card which I thought was rather interesting, so I thought I would challenge myself to give it a try using my Fun Stampers Journey products to create it.  This is what I came up with!


I just love the light airy look of this card.  To start with, I created a base card of Whip Cream card stock.  I then used the Fancy Label Die of the size I wanted and die cut the front of the card.  This will leave an opening in the card.  Next, I took more Whip Cream card stock and cut several strips 1/4 inch wide to create the lattice look.  

With the card open, and working on the inside of the card begin by taping the card onto grid paper using repositionable tape.  Start creating the lattice by placing one of the 1/4" strips across the opening of the card and gluing into place using craft glue.  Continue placing each strip 1/2" apart until you have them all laid.  The grid paper makes this really easy!



Next you will start to place the strips that go in the opposite direction.  Choose the first strip and weave it under and over the first strips creating a basket weave look.  Glue the first strip in place.  Then continue to weave the remaining strips starting each one opposite of the last one, for example,  if you started the last one over the previous strip, start the next one under etc.  See photo below.  



Once completed, the front of your card should look like this.  (The back will have all the glued strips showing (see photo above).



The next thing I did was cut a piece of Pool Play card stock which was 5.5 x 4.25 inches and glued it to the inside front of the card to cover the glued lattice work.  Then it showed thru the front of the card, creating a lovely blue background behind the lattice.

Using the branch and flower stamps from the Birthday Melody stamp set, I stamped one branch and five small blossoms onto Whip Cream card stock using Black Licorice Ink.  I colored the pieces using Color Burst Pencils and fussy cut them out using my detail scissors.  I wanted them to resemble cherry blossoms. 

I arranged the branch along the left side of the lattice and popped up four of the five flowers using foam squares along the branch where I felt it would look good.  For the last small blossom, I cut it apart and added the small bud at the top of the branch and one of the other blossoms along the branch to fill it in.  (These were not popped up)

I chose one of the butterflies  and the sentiment from the Small Things Stamp set and stamped them both onto Whip Cream card stock using Black Licorice ink.  I colored the butterfly using Color Burst Pencils and die cut both using the matching dies.  The butterfly was glued to the upper right corner using craft glue.  I placed the sentiment across the lower portion of the lattice and glued it in place.  


This card has a really fresh, spring look to it and I really love the lattice affect.  It added the perfect touch to put this card over the top.  I hope you like it! 


Today is day 12 of my Make it to Manager Bundles. I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal and you can help me get there.   So for 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax (if applicable).   All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

TODAY'S  BUNDLE
includes:

Small Things Stamp Set
Small Things Die Set 
Bird Melody Stamp Set
Bird Melody Die Set 
PLUS a free bloom benefit!!!

All for just $98.86 which includes shipping and tax (where applicable)
 



I hope you will give this bundle a try. It is a great opportunity to purchase and try out some of Fun Stampers Journey products.  Once you try them, I know you will be hooked!!

Please be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below that links each item to my online store for purchase.  It can also be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!