Monday, May 7, 2018

Let's Eat Cake!

I was thinking the other day of how many occasions we celebrate with cake.  There's bridal showers, baby showers, graduations, weddings, and of course the ever popular birthdays.  That's what came to mind when I saw this awesome Fun Stampers Journey "Let's East Cake" stamp set.  I knew immediately I wanted to create a fun card using it.


I started off with this fun polka dot paper from Fun Stampers Journey"s Through The Year printed paper pack.  It is so cute and colorful!  I just love polka dots, don't you?  With that being said, I then stamped the cake image in Black Licorice ink onto Butter Cream card stock and colored it with Color Burst colored pencils, matching colors of the polka dots to the layers and icings on the cake.  The plate and sentiment was stamped with Lemongrass ink also on Butter Cream card stock.  I fussy cut the cake and plate and attached them to the polka dot paper.  The sentiment was cut and matted on Lemon Grass paper and popped up using foam squares.  As a final touch, I added a little bow under the sentiment with Lemon Grass thread.  

The card front was matted on Lemon Grass card stock and attached to a Butter Cream card base.  I just love the soft colors on this card.  It makes such a pretty and festive presentation.  





If you like what you see please be  sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card and will give it a try yourself!   Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius


P.S.  Don't forget Fun Stampers Journey is having a huge retirement sale while supplies last!  Also, you have the opportunity to purchase a die bundle and get the AMAZE die cutting and embossing machine FREE!  Visit my website or facebook page for details.  




Catalogs
Facebook 
Website   
YouTube  

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this one! The colors are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I love the colors on this one too!

      Delete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!