Saturday, May 12, 2018

Let's be adventurous!!!

How many times have you, as a crafter or card maker, suddenly lost your mojo and had no inspiration what so ever.  You just couldn't come up with an idea for a project, no matter what you did.  Well that recently happened to me.  Creating this blog and coming up with new ideas each day can be rather challenging.  That is why I so love Fun Stampers Journey Inspiration Book and Catalog and their Mini Trends catalogs.  Not only are they full of fun and fabulous products, but they are also loaded with beautiful projects that have been created to inspire us all.  After browsing thru our current Spring into Summer mini catalog, I saw a project that truly inspired me.  Because of that, I created this beautiful card:


I started by selecting Cool Pool card stock for the base card.  It is such a beautiful color to work with.  I then cut a mat of the heart maps paper from the Sunday Adventure prints.  Next, I turned over that paper and using our circle dies, cut a circle from the map paper from the same paper pack choosing a section of the design that was closest to Cool Pool in color.  Using Cool Pool  ink and a dauber, I inked up the edges of the circle.  With corrugated card stock, I created a panel that was slightly smaller than the width of the circle and which allowed for a column of hearts down each side.  With Cool Pool satin ribbon and a piece of boho trim, I wrapped them around the lower section of the mat and then attached it all to the base card.

I then stamped the Compass Rose stamp onto Whip Cream card stock and fussy cut it out omitting the stars.  Using color burst colored pencils, I colored the outside edge and pointers.  With Cool Pool Pan pastels and the sponge tools I lightly colored the inside edge of the compass.  It was then popped up using foam squares and centered on the map circle.

For an added touch, I stamped the beautiful floral arrow from the Happy Adventure stamp set and colored with Color Burst colored pencils.  It was also popped up on the upper left side of the map circle.  The sentiment was stamped onto a strip of Whip Cream card stock using Black Licorice ink and cut at an angle on the right side.  I then attached it to the ribbon on the left side.

As a final touch I added three Sweet Candy Drops in the cool pool color.  I don't know about you, but I just LOVE how this one turned out.  Here is a close up.


Today is day 4 of my make it to manager bundles. I need to reach  a certain sales amount to achieve this goal and you can help me get there.   So for 30 days I will be offering a bundle for each project I create.  This bundle will be products used in each post and the total will include shipping and tax (if applicable).  All you have to do is press the Paypal Button below the bundle to purchase yours.

TODAY'S  BUNDLE
includes:

Happy Adventure Stamp Set
Compass Rose Stamp Set
Boho Trim
Sweet Candy Drops

All for just $48.75 which includes shipping and tax (where applicable)




Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

Website    



2 comments:

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!