Friday, May 4, 2018

Butterflies for Mom

Mother's day is soon approaching and many of us struggle to make just the perfect card for our moms.  Today I decided to use Fun Stampers Journey's beautiful butterfly printed paper and butterfly stamp set to create this pretty card:




I just love the colorful butterfly printed paper that is included in the Sunday Adventure Prints paper pack.  It is so pretty and can be used with so many different colors.  I chose the blues for this card and started of with a Beach Ball card base.   With  a 5.25 x 4 inch piece of Whip Cream cardstock, I die cut a circle near the top right corner and used the circle perforated die around the outside of the cutout. I then cut a strip of the butterfly printed paper for the bottom portion of the card and attached it  just below the perforation of the circle. I chose one of the butterfly stamps from the Small Things stamp set that fit inside the circle and stamped it on another smaller piece of Whip Cream card stock.  Using the fabulous color burst pencils, I colored my butterfly in blues to match.  It was then glued onto the back of the first Whip Cream piece so that it showed thru the circle cutout.  

Using the Solid Bet stamp set, I stamped MOM in Beach Ball ink and then cut out the letters with the Outline Bet die set.  The were then glued to the front of the card beside the circle cutout.  I finished off the card by adding some Beach Ball thread wrapped around the mat several times at the seam line and then added a multi-loop bow to finish it off.   It was all then attached to the base card. 

This card was really quite quick and easy to create. You can also change up the color scheme by choosing any of the other colors from the printed paper.  I hope you like it and will give it a try for yourself!  Here is a closer look:









Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!

If you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list (mailing list is for non-fsj coaches only please).  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below which can be printed out by clicking the small "supply list" below the items.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius

P.S.  Don't forget Fun Stampers Journey is having a huge retirement sale while supplies last!  Also, you have the opportunity to purchase a die bundle and get the AMAZE die cutting and embossing machine FREE!  Visit my website or facebook page for details.  

Catalogs:  https://www.funstampersjourney.com/pws/jeannebobish/tabs/catalog.aspx
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
Website:    www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
YouTube:   www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!