Sunday, April 15, 2018

Mighty Handsome - That Dreaded Masculine Card

We all seem to struggle from time to time creating a masculine card.  Feminine cards are so easy, pretty papers, flowers, and done!  But masculine cards take a little more thinking...  So  today I thought I would pull out some of the stamps and dies from our big catalog (2017-2018 Inspiration Book and Catalog)  and come up with something with a more manly feel.




Our Jack Lumber stamp seemed the perfect choice.  I chose to stamp our flannel life background stamp on some candy apple red cardstock  to give that "flannel shirt" kind of theme.  The background on the oatmeal cookie cardstock was stamped using the Stay Wild stamp and then I filled in the "forest" with the Fresh Forest stamp set and cut out from the matching die.  I wanted it too look as though our lumber jack was chopping trees in the forest.  I think it worked nicely.



Of course, I then colored him in using our color burst colored pencils.  I made sure to make his shirt red to match.



Using the matching die, I cut him out and popped him up in front of all the trees.  I did add some black sparkle tape (I couldn't resist LOL!)

I think it turned out quite nice.  If this doesn't say manly, I don't know what does LOL!  Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!

Be sure to subscribe to my blog and sign up for my mailing list.  I will send everyone on the mailing list, a free card making pdf every month!   Please be sure to send all your crafty friends over so they can sign up too!

I have listed the complete supply list below.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Jeanne
A Stroke of Jeanne-ius
www.facebook.com/astrokeofjeanneius
www.funstampersjourney.com/jeannebobish
www.youtube.com/c/jeannebobish


4 comments:

  1. Very nice Jeanne. I like that you matched his shirt with the background. How about a deer in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! A deer would have been a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!