Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hey Pumpkin Fun Halloween Card



I don't know about you, but I just LOVE the colors of Halloween.  They are so bright and colorful.  And this card is no exception.  I fell in love with this adorable digital image from Digi Box Designs called Digi Fall Ghost.  Isn't if just the cutest!

I colored the ghost and the sentiment first with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and then enhanced the colors using my Prismacolor pencils.  I LOVE using these two products together.  I can get the most vibrant affects.

To make this card, I started with a 5x7 inch black base card.  I added the first mat of bright green and the next mat in bright orange with a chevron embossing.  I thought that the orange paper would detract from the pumpkins, but no matter what color paper I chose, I kept coming back to the orange.  The bats and stars were die cut and the sentiment came from my stash.  I colored the sentiment using the same colors I used for the digital image.  I matted the sentiment onto black paper.  I think this turned out to be just the cutest!  A perfect card for sending to a grandchild don't you think?  I hope you like it too!  Please share this blog with all your paper crafting friends.  And be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing!  And while you are at it, stop by www.digiboxdesigns.com for the most adorable digital images at only 60 cents!!!!!

Keep playing with those papers!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:

Card Stock:  Black, Bright Green, Bright Orange, Bright Yellow and White
Digital Image:  Digi Fall Ghost from www.digiboxdesigns.com
Embossing folder:  Chevron design (any brand)
Stamp:  Hey Pumpkin from Studio G
Dies:  Echo Park Haunted Mansion Die Set (used the stars and bat)
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers:  Blender Pen, BGR1, LG1, LG4, JG5, TN4, TN7, CT4, OR1, OR2, OR3, PP1, PP2, BP1
Prismacolor Pencils:  Hot Pink, Dk Green, Apple Green, 20% Cool Grey, 30% Cool Grey, Sienna Brown, Dark Umber, Crimson Lake, Carmine Red,
Gamsol





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!