Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cute Birthday Card for a Little Boy



Today I thought I would share with you this cute birthday card I made for my great nephew.  I recently purchased both the die set (banners) and the plane stamp.  I just loved the cute plane and wanted to create a card using it.  I started with a 5 x 7 white base card.  I then matted it with a layer of red card stock and then another mat of yellow cardstock.  I don't have any cloud dies or stamps (they are on my wish list LOL!) so I drew what I thought looked like a cloud and cut it out of cardstock.  Then I placed it on an area of my card and using a large sponge tool, I applied distress ink to the white cardstock piece.  I continued moving the cloud cutout and inking around it until I created a sky background on the card.  Then using green card stock and my stitched hills die, I created the ground.  I cut out and stamped the banner.  Then I stamped the plane image on white card stock and colored it with alcohol markers.  To make it look shiny, I used glossy accents all over the plane.  The plane was then fussy cut and craft foam was applied to the back of both it and the banner for dimension.  Finally, using a fine point marker, I drew the lines connecting the plane to the banner.  I really love how this turned out and hope my little great nephew will too!

Supplies used:

1 5 x 7 card base
Red, yellow, green, and white cardstock
Sizzix Banners #2 die and stamp set
Lawn Fawn stitched hillside die
Fun Stampers Journey Above Ground Stamp set
Spectrum Noir Markers
Fine line black marker
Salty Ocean Distress Ink
Candied Apple Distress Ink
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Glossy Accents
Craft foam (as  dimensional)

Thanks for stopping by!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!