Saturday, August 13, 2016

Beautiful as a Flower Tag



Today I felt like being a little more adventurous and started to play with some of my new paper crafting toys!  I thought today I would give a tag a try.  I used three of my new stamp sets and some of my new papers.  I never really have a set picture in my head when I begin, my designs just sort of evolve as I go.  

I started with the flower stamp and stamped it on some Whip Cream Paper using Black Licorice ink.   I decided to color one in lavender and one in pink with colored pencils. After coloring, I used Gamsol and blending stumps to blend the color.

Using the leaf stamp and Black Licorice ink, I stamped several of the leaves onto Lemon Grass paper.  I fussy cut both the flowers and the leaves.  The tag was die cut from Deep Lilac paper.  I then cut a piece of Lavender Fusion which measured 2 1/2 x 4 1/2" and attached it to the center of the tag.  I then glued the flowers and leaves onto the tag.  

Using the bee stamp and Licorice ink, I stamped on bee onto both Lemon Drop and Whip Cream papers.  I fussy cut the entire bee from the Lemon Drop paper and just the wings from the Whip Cream paper.  I then glued the white wings onto the bee.  

The sentiment was also stamped onto Whip Cream paper with Licorice ink.  Then using my stitched rectangle dies I cut out the sentiment and glued it to the bottom corner of the tag.  I painted the wings of the bee using a sparkle pen and the yellow portions of the stamens with a yellow glitter gel pen.

To finish off the tag, I added a Lt. Orchid satin ribbon to the tag and then glued a small bow of the same ribbon to the loop of the tag.

I think for my first tag, it turned out really pretty and I really had fun creating it.  I hope you will give it a try! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:

Fun Stampers Journey:

Dies:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection
Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers

Prismacolor Pencils:

PC932 Violet
PC956 Lilac
PC934 Lavender
PC1014  Deco Pink
PC993  Hot Pink
PC912  Apple Green
PC916  Canary Yellow

Other:
Adhesive
Scissors
Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle Pen
Yellow Glitter Gel Pen
1/4" wide Lt. Orchid satin ribbon
Gamsol
Paper blending stumps

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your tag! I wish I could color like this! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!