Thursday, June 2, 2016

Graduation Easel Card





Looking for a cute, colorful graduation card that would be perfect for any graduate in your life?  Then here is a card for you!   Card is made from another adorable digital stamp from DigiBox Designs.  The stamp is called Digi Grad Bear, and is really cute.  I downloaded the file and did a print and cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  I then colored the image with both my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils.   I have listed the colors I used to color the image below.

I started with an A2 size white base card.  I folded the front in half to create the easel.  I then used my Spellbinder's Valiant Honor die set to cut out the mat from black cardstock.  (It kind of reminds me of a blackboard).  I also cut a piece of white card stock the same size as the black die cut mat so that when the card stands on the easel, you see the white behind the cutout border of the black.  Glue the white mat behind the black die cut.  Then, glue the bottom half only of the mats to the front of the card.

Also using black card stock, I cut two of the long narrow dies from the same set as above.  The die cut piece was not large enough to fit the lettering I wanted to use with it.  So, what I did is cut two of them, cut off one end of each label and matched the two pieces to make one larger size one.  I cut out a piece of red card stock to use as a mat behind the black label. This also helps the front of the card to stand.  Finally using white card stock, I cut out the Congratulations from my Spellbinder's Sentiments One die set.  I glued these three pieces together and attached to the inside bottom of the base card.

I had some velum streamer stickers and red sequins (which don't show too well in all the photos) which I also added to the front.

Please stop by DigiBox Designs and see all the wonderful digital stamps.  You will be so glad you did!

I am a design team member for Digi Box Designs, but have no affiliation with any of the other products used to create this card.


Colors Used:

Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers:

Bear:  TN2, TN3, TN5, TN4
Eyes:  TB2, TB4 and Prismacolor colored pencil Indianthrone Blue
Book Pages:  LY2, FS1 and Prismacolor Beige Sienna for the page lines
Red Book Binding:  DR2, DR6
Green Book Binding:  LG3, JG1
Nose and Cap:  IG1, IG4, IG7, IG9, True Black
Diploma:  Blender Pen, IG1, IG2
Tassle:  CT4 and Prismacolor colored pencil Burnt Ochre

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!