Friday, May 27, 2016

Sew Happy for you Round Card

My post is rather late today.  Hubby and I went to several yard sales this morning.  He found some good items, but I didn't have much luck today.  Still it was great fun.

I have been working on this card for a couple days and finally have it finished.  It  is a really different kind of card for me.  I saw a similar card in Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 148 and just had to give it a try.  I knew I wanted to do a sewing theme and  this is what I came up with:



It was a really fun card to make.  I loved the challenge of making a round card and used my Tonic Circle Layering Die Set for the base card and the mats.  These circles dies are WONDERFUL!  They are one of my favorites because they come in such a wide number of sizes.  I also got to use my new Arianna Blooms dies and Stamps from Heartfelt Creations.  These are also one of my favorites.  Well I will list all the ingredients below in case you are interested in making one yourself.  I would probably mail this in a square envelope box because of the raised flowers.  Also, I found out that because all the flowers and weight are on one side, the card won't stand straight unless placed in an easel.  Without the easel, it just rolls across the table LOL!  But even so, I still think this is a great card!

What I used:

Authentique Spectrum solid tone on tone patterns 12 x 12 paper pad (green polka dot/striped paper)
Coordinating solid green paper from m stash.
Vanilla card stock from my stash.
Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms, stamp and die
Spellbinder's All Stitched Up Die set
Sizzix Banners 3 Die Set
Tonic Studios Circle Layering Die Set
 Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Punch
Small Flower Punch
Green Button
Small artificial green leaves
Cream colored flat back pearls
Glue.

I have a few more ideas for round cards.  As soon as I create them, you will know!  I LOVE playing with papers!  Have a great day!

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!