Sunday, May 8, 2016

Fur-Ever Friends Clean and Simple Friendship Card



When I saw this image entitled "Fur-Ever Friends" from DigiBox  designs, I fell in love with it.  The animals are just so adorable and the sentiment was just purrr-fect for a friendship card.

I left the card pretty simply by just using a white A2 base card and adding mats of yellow and green.  I colored the image using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Prismacolor colored pencils.  I raised the colored image off the card using a piece of craft foam and attached the cute yellow flower brads in each corner.  Except for the coloring, this card came together rather quickly.  Here is a closeup of the colored portion of the card:



I plan on using this again with a different sentiment and will post that one as soon as I create it.

If you are interested in creating this card, here is the items used:

A2 white base card
Yellow and Green card stock for the mats
4 yellow flower brads.
craft fun foam (to mount the colored image on)
DigiBox designs "Fur-Ever Friends" digital stamp

Spectrum Noir alcohol markers:
Duck:    CT1, CT3, OR1
Beak:    OR1, OR2
Cat:       TN3, TN5, TN4
Cat's ears and muzzle:  TN2, TN3
Flowers and Water:  TB2, TB1, TB3
Ears, Noses, and Pink Flowers:  PP1, PP2, PP4
Flower Calyx:  GT2, GT3
Leaves:  LG4, LG5
Grass:  LG3, LG5
Birdbath:  BGR1, BGR2, BGR3
Mouse:  IG2, IG4
Mouse Muzzle:  IG1
Flower Centers:  CT2, GB5

Prismacolor Colored Pencils:
Shade blue flowers and water:  Indigo blue
Mouse:  Cool Grey 20% and 50%
Cheeks:  Hot Pink
Cat:  Burnt Ochre and Sienna Brown
Tulip Calyx:  Dark Green
Leaves and Grass:  Grass Green
Pink areas:  Process Red
Shadow around image:  Cool Grey 20%

To see how I use both pencils and markers to color my images, see my previous post and video here.

I hope you like this card and will give it a try.  I would love to see your finished pieces.  You can share them with me on my facebook page.

Until next time,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!