Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Beautiful Rose Card






When shopping at my local craft store the other day, I came across Issue 148 of "Simply Cards and Papercraft" Magazine.  I was attracted to this issue because it came with a free embossing folder, one large rose stamp, one sentiment stamp, and 2 rosebud stamps.  I LOVE roses so decided to purchase the magazine.  I am really glad I did.  




I couldn't wait to get started creating a card using the free products.  First, I stamped the rose image onto white card stock and colored it using my spectrum noir markers and then enhanced the shading with prismacolor pencils.  I used a black sharpie and deepened the outlines.  Since I had gone with purple, I found some coordinating card stock in my stash and embossed it using the free folder.  I really like this folder, although it does make a rather large card (6" square).  Then using my circle dies, I cut out the center of the embossed piece.  Then I found I had some wonderful purple gingham paper and decided to use that as an accent.  I cut a piece slightly larger than the embossed peice (which I had trimmed slightly) and used that as a mat which framed the purple paper nicely.  Next using the circle dies, I cut out my stamped image to fit inside the embossed paper with a border of the gingham showing also.  I stamped the greeting, minus the rosebuds with violet ink and traced over it with a glitter gel pen.  Thinking that it needed a little something extra, I added two corner dies and small purple oval gems for a little bling.  

Because of the size of the card, I needed to make a custom envelope.  I used my envelope punch board and lined the inside of the envelope with the gingham paper.  



I think the card and envelope together make a great presentation.  I know I will be using this embossing folder again as I already have some images colored that would work perfectly with it.  

I hope you enjoy this little project.  I have listed all the supplies below.   

Supplies:

2 sheets of 12 x 12 white cardstock (one for the card and one for the envelope)
Free gifts from Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine Issue 148
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Memories Violet Ink
Violet sparkle gel pen
Purple cardstock
Purple gingham cardstock
Spellbinder Devine Eloquence dies (thin label)
Spellbinder Parisian Motifs (corner)
Tonic Circle Layering die set
small oval purple gems
Spectrum Noir Markers:
HB1, HB2, HB3
LG1, LG3, LG5
Prismacolor Pencils:
Dark Green, Apple Green, Pale Sage
Greyed Lavender, Parma Violet, Violet

I am not affiliated in any way with this magazine or the products listed in this post.  All opinions are strictly mine and I receive no compensation from any of the companies or magazines mentioned.

Have a great day and keep playing with those papers!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!