Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Beautiful Handmade Paper Dress Card Tutorial



Today I am going to show you how I created these beautiful paper dress cards.  I have seen several versions of this type of card on the internet and decided to give it a try myself.  I didn't follow any instructions, just sort of did my own thing.  The ones I have seen like these use a store bought paper doily.  I have some, but who knows where they could be (I am sure some of you can relate).  So I chose a doily die to use as my dress skirt.  I cut it from cardstock, which I am glad I did as it gave the skirt some substance and made it  more dimensional.  As you can see, the skirts came out a little differently on each card, depending on the look I was going for.   I also tried some new ways of playing with my embossing folders which you might find interesting.

I really wish the white cards showed better.  They are so beautiful.  One has a glittered background and is decorated with clear crystals and the other has a plain embossed background and pearl embellishments.  I think these would make awesome bride's congratulations cards, bridal shower cards, bride's maids cards, and pretty feminine birthday cards.  You can see the whole creation process by watching the following video. If this link doesn't work for you, you can just click on this link.   https://youtu.be/PY_efYNk-b0   Enjoy!


Here are some more photos of each individual card:








If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.  I read all of them and reply to each one.  I hope you learned something new and will have a go at making one of these pretty cards.  All the supplies I used are in the video.  If you would prefer a written list, just let me know.

See you next time~
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!