Thursday, February 25, 2016

Russian Orthodox Cross Easter Project



I have been really busy the past few days working on this new project.  To start off the story, my husband's family is Russian Orthodox.  So, my sister in law called me and asked if I would make some Easter cards for her friends at church.  Sure I said, no problem.  She wanted the Russian  Cross on the front, wanted them in assorted colors, and wanted the words "Christ is Risen.  Glorify Him" on the inside of the card.   Some were to be hand delivered, and some would need to be mailed.  Oh, and she needed a couple with traditional crosses as well.   Okay, I thought, not hard.  Then I started searching for Russian Orthodox Cross cut files.  I couldn't find any.  I searched every corner of the internet and could not find a one.  Then, I found a clip art file that I thought would work.  So, I fired up the Cameo, and I went to work....

The video for this project is rather long, but covers a lot of information.  It shows basically my entire creative process, from the given idea, to the finished product (and then some LOL!)  It was quite a journey and I learned a lot.  Not only about making the card, but about filming the process as well.  It involved filming the computer portions with my digital camera, and setting up quite an elaborate system to film the remainder of the video with my video camera.  After three attempts with the video camera, I finally have a good video with a good perspective. I wanted it to be shot from overhead as if you were looking at the project from the same angle I was.  Then there was the editing which involved combining the video from both sources.  Whew!  At least now I am all ready for the next video I make LOL!

All the products, dies, etc I used are mentioned in the video. The photo shows the green set, however they were also done, in teal, blue, and purple.   I hope you enjoy it.



As usual, any comments or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks for watching and have fun with those papers!

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments of suggestions you may have regarding this blog. Thank you so much and have a great day!